Atcheson & Son was established in 1936 to supply buttons to the local shirt trade and at a later date PVC packaging, pins and all accessories for shirt presentation.
In 1981 we moved to purpose built premises on the outskirts of Londonderry and as part of a natural progression extended the range of buttons to cover all the garments industry from lingerie through to outerwear.
Our button dying operation is one of the largest in Great Britain and Ireland with a very experienced team and modern machinery coupled with laboratory facilities fully accredited by Marks & Spencer plc. We are also a major supplier of covered buttons to individual specifications.
During 1991 we opened our Glasgow office and warehouses and in 1993 the Londonderry premises were extended to include a broad conversion factory, manufacturing unprinted shirt boards and boxes.
We have a competent team of Sales Executives covering Great Britain, Ireland and mainland Europe. With a computerised stock control system and an efficient workforce in Londonderry we have become one of the main suppliers to the largest factories in Europe and have also remained faithful smaller CMT factories that enabled us to become leaders in our field.